Haha, stupid post title, just having some fun.
Google are constantly bringing out new updates, Panda, Penguin, Penguin 2.0, and several others you’ll know of if you have been in the game long.
I wanted to write this post about shitting on penguin, panda and all those crappy updates.
Apologies to Google because they provide a great search engine and work their ass off to keep it in check, but they seem to be failing miserably now and it’s becoming a pain in the ass for someone that does SEO.
So I’ve turned a bit to the dark side recently…
Why should I be working my ass off building fantastic websites and strong links, only to get hit by a dumb penalty while the spammers are still going strong.
Sorry this is turning into a bit of a rant.
But basically… If you can’t beat them, join them.
I’m not going to persuade you to do blackhat SEO, or grey hat seo, or even whitehat seo, I like to do all 3.
But here’s some tips for future proofing your website from the next updates we’re likely to see…
- Use social media and get plenty of social links to your website, I believe this will be a big factor in the future
- Don’t over-optimise your anchor text, if you’re optimising for one keyword, you only need to use it less than 10% of the time
- Stay off public blog networks, they’re getting hit hard now
- Don’t use any spam tools on your website, if you want to spam for rankings, do it on a YouTube video or something that isn’t important (plus YouTube ranks so well now)
- Add great content to your website rather than thin or over-optimised
And there’s a whole lot more where that came from. They are just the main 5 points I believe are important to follow now.
Sorry again about my rant, I just want to punch the stupid penguin for penalising great sites and not spammy ones, lol.
More interesting posts to come